Sparkle Studio is a brick-and-mortar working open studio.
It is the official home of Amy Shelton of Crochetville and Nharah Clark, located at Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, a reclaimed old cotton mill that has been turned into an artist community in Huntsville, Alabama. Our focus is on fiber arts, and we are opening our doors so that you can learn, work, and create in a positive and uplifting environment. Everybody has an inner creative sparkle, and we want to help you find it!
ABOUT THE STUDIO
Learn. Work. Play.
An open working studio means that Amy and Nharah will be working their own creative processes, and all the tools and equipment are available for you to use by the hour or with your unlimited open Studio Pass. Studio Pass holders also enjoy 50% off classes & workshops taught by Amy or Nharah and 20% off class materials.
STUDIO TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Available for Studio Pass holders to use:
Strauch drum carders including the much coveted Mad Batt’r art batt carder, dizzes, blending board, spinning wheels (Lendrum and Louet), drop spindles, swift, ball winders, knitting and crochet tools, triangular looms in assorted sizes, 4″ pin looms, rigid heddle looms in assorted sizes, and more.
CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
Many of our classes are suitable for absolute beginners.
Here is a sampling of what you can expect at Sparkle Studio:
Crochet and Knitting
- Beginning classes
- Learn to read symbols and charts
- Adding beads to your work
- Get Squared for the Perfect Fit: making fashionable garments with crochet
- Advanced Get Squared classes
- Many other crochet and knit techniques and projects
- Intro to pin loom weaving (4″ square loom)
- Pin loom weaving projects
- Tri-loom: Continuous strand weaving projects
- Tri-loom: Cut strand weaving projects
- Beginning rigid heddle loom weaving
- Rigid heddle weaving projects
- Circular weaving
- Spinning for beginners (wheel)
- Corespinning and textured art yarns
- Washing fleeces
- Carding embellished batts
- Creating roving and rolags on a drum carder
- Fiber painting on a blending board