Sparkle Studio is a brick-and-mortar working open studio.
It is the official home of Amy Shelton from Crochetville and Roo Kline of Moonwood Farm. Our focus is on fiber art and mixed media finished pieces, and we are opening our doors so that you can learn, work, and create in a positive and uplifting environment. Everybody has an inner creative sparkle, and we want to help you find it!
ABOUT THE STUDIO
Learn. Work. Play.
An open working studio means that Amy and Roo will be working their own creative processes, and all the tools and equipment are available for you to use by the hour or with your unlimited open Studio Pass. Studio Pass holders also enjoy 50% off classes & workshops taught by Amy or Roo, and 20% off class materials.
STUDIO TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Available for Studio Pass holders to use:
Dyepots & burners, Strauch drum carders including the much coveted Mad Batt’r art batt carder, hackle, combs, dizzes, blending board, spinning wheels (Babe, Lendrum and Louet), drop spindles, swift, ball winders, knitting and crochet tools, triangular looms in assorted sizes, 5 foot rectangular loom, 4″ pin looms, ridgid heddle looms in assorted sizes, warping board, vintage calligraphy nibs, easels, brushes/sponges, brayers, acrylic stamps, heat/embossing gun, glue guns, punches, lightbox, and more.
CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
Many of our classes are suitable for absolute beginners.
We hope to have our first class schedule open for registration before the studio officially opens. Here is a sampling of what you can expect at Sparkle Studio:
- Beginning Crochet
- Learn to Read Crochet Symbols and Charts
- Adding Beads to Crochet
- Get Squared for the Perfect Fit: making fashionable garments
- Advanced Get Squared Classes
- Poncho Panache
- Many other crochet techniques and projects
- Intro to Pin Loom Weaving (4″ square loom)
- Pin Loom Weaving Projects
- Tri-Loom: Continuous Strand Weaving Projects
- Tri-Loom: Cut Strand Weaving Projects
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Loom Weaving
- Rigid Heddle Weaving Projects
- Circular weaving
- Spinning for beginners (wheel)
- Drop spinning for beginners (drop spindle)
- Corespinning and textured art yarns
- Introduction to acid dyeing (kettle/submersion dyeing)
- Dyeing and hand painting yarn
- Fiber reactive dyeing of bamboo fiber
- Silk dyeing (top, hankies, bricks)
- Dyeing and hand painting merino top
- Dyeing firestar (sparkle)
- Fabric painting & dyeing techniques
- Washing fleeces
- Carding embellished batts
- Creating roving and rolags on a drum carder
- How to Train Your Fiber
- Workshops for children and adults
- Pretty lettering
- Making paper
- Art journalling
- Collage on canvas using paint, fabric, fiber and paper
- Watercolor mermaids
- Half day projects, full day projects and month long projects